advice please

Anything related to these brands.

Moderators: James - Admin, Mick- Can Am

advice please

Postby doogey4224 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi All
hopefully i'm about to enter the quad world!! not having owned one before I don't really know much apart from what I have researched!! I've been offered a Quadzilla 450 sport 57 plate very clean and an unbelievable price!! my question is when I checked the reg online it turns out it's a DINLI DL801 QUAD BIKE.. from what I understand DINLI went bust 3-4 years ago so no new parts were being made!! I learnt this by it needs just a reverse cable but nobody has one in stock and not likely to be anymore available!! I was told a custom one would have to be made!! Does this mean if I buy it I could end up with a machine that if and when it goes wrong i'm screwed? The seller has told me he has rebuilt the engine recently and he got all the parts direct from Quadzilla!! (he has receipts to proof this) I spoke to Quadzilla and the guy I spoke with confirmed the engine parts will fit!! But when I spoke to 2 quad dealers earlier they said the engines look the same but the inners are slightly different and don't fit!! The Quadzilla 500 XLC is a SMC engine and the DINLI is a Subaru engine!!! so i'm lost!!! advise please would you buy or not???
Thanks in advance any advice will be much appreciated..
Dug
doogey4224
less than 20 posts
less than 20 posts

Cash on hand: 95.00
Town/City: surrey
Make. Enter none if you don't have one.: looking
Model: none
Year of manufacture Enter 0 if none: 0

Share On:

Share on Twitter Twitter Share on MySpace MySpace

Re: advice please

Postby Dinlidamo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 am

Iv got a Dinli 450r and I got mine cheap (compared to other quads) and while I have had problems getting some stuff i always seemed to find a way around it, iv been after a pre load nut assembly for the rear axle as mine is seized, a new one was available at manic quads (good site for these things) but was quite pricey and wasn't all the bits I was after, I got them second hand on ebay in the end, there's usually a guy breaking them (scooby555 I think his name was) . Service bits are straight forward, just do your homework before paying £80 as listed on eBay for an air filter, I got a genuine one for £15 get a part number then search that, anything listed as Dinli will be to off prices. As a quad my opinion is they are very capable, mines been very reliable, just servicing and a set of rear axle bearings in just over 2 years. I don't regret buying mine, also another thing is the XLC 500 motor as you have mentioned I think it was just the piston, rod and liner that was different but someone should be along to confirm that for me.

Cheers.
Dinlidamo
90 posts or more
90 posts or more

Cash on hand: 805.00
Town/City: Cornwall
Make. Enter none if you don't have one.: Dinli/Quadzilla
Model: 450R
Year of manufacture Enter 0 if none: 2007

Re: advice please

Postby doogey4224 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:11 am

thank you for that
doogey4224
less than 20 posts
less than 20 posts

Cash on hand: 95.00
Town/City: surrey
Make. Enter none if you don't have one.: looking
Model: none
Year of manufacture Enter 0 if none: 0

• Advertisement

Return to Quadzilla/Dinli/Apache/SMC/RAM and all other Taiwanese makes.